Monday, October 16, 2006

You're Not Your Khaki's: The new site

As you notice I've updated the site with a new look to reflect our new format. What exactly that format is, well, it's up to you. The concept is to bring a network of people, that once saw each other regularly but now due to geography are unable to maintain contact, together to post rants, links, videos, pictures, questions, etc. The more posts the better. Also, invite your friends to participate. The more people we have contributing the better the site will be.

As for music, well, I think we can continue to share, however, we should do it a bit differently. In the past I've posted links for downloads. This may be a better way to share in the future. No schedule, no obligations, no CDs or post offices, just post when you hear something you like. I'll start it off by sharing a link to Stones Throw Records collaboration with Adult Swim, Chrome Children. To post a download you can either contact me and use my FTP site or use a one-click file sharing service.

Please post any feedback or other ideas for the site. I'm going to send out an invite to a bunch of people later today.

3 Comments:

Blogger B-Qbd said...

Yea, I think this is the way the club should go from here forward. One question - what keeps us from heading down Napster Lane, with the FCC, CIA, FBI, DEA and ATF all over us???

If there is a way that only members have access to the music, I think we should utilize that.

I also agree with the "post whenever you find/hear/have something you like that you want to share". This way, we can better employ the "Hey, I think I would like album X... anyone have it?? or I was thinking of buying album Y, anyone already have it??" Too often, I have waited with bated breath for a CD to come in the mail, only to be disappointed that a certain album wasn't included. Jimmy, this is mostly directed at you. I'm a cheap ass bitch (as many of you already know), and I don't go out and buy every album that you tell me I "must buy". I just figure, if I "must buy it", surely Jimmy will include it in his CD... However I think you figure that everyone's already bought it, so you'll include some more obscure selections (not that I don't also enjoy those).

Anyway, I like the new direction of the club and this site...

3:27 PM  
Blogger iphantom said...

Thanks for the Crome Children. Was going to pick that up, I am pretty excited to get that.

10:33 AM  
Blogger James Harris said...

Yeah, for a compilation album it's pretty freakin good.

As for FCC and CIA infultration, well, I don't think we have much to worry about. We only view the page ourselves and get maybe 50 page views a week. Also, if you used one of the one-click file hosting services they usually delete the files after a set amount of time and/or downloads so that the government will stay off their collective backs. I will only keep files on my ftp site for a short amount of time as well.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home