Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Best of 2007

Well, the year is coming to an end, and while it may be a week or so premature, I find myself needing a distraction today. Certainly there are albums I've missed, haven't heard, or forgotten... but, whatever. So, without further ado...

Top 10 Albums

10 | The Field // From Here We Go Sublime
09 | The Fratellis // Costello Music
08 | Grinderman // Grinderman
07 | Arcade Fire // Neon Bible
06 | Modest Mouse // We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
05 | Peter Bjorn And John // Writer's Block
04 | Aesop Rock // None Shall Pass
03 | Battles // Mirrored
02 | Animal Collective // Strawberry Jam
01 | Radiohead // In Rainbows

Top 25 Songs

25 | Kanye West // Stronger
24 | I'm From Barcelona // The Painter
23 | Mavis Staples // Turn Me Round
22 | Justice // Genesis
21 | Peter Bjorn And John // Up Against The Wall
20 | !!! // Myth Takes
19 | Nine Inch Nails // Survivalism
18 | Okkervil River // Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe
17 | Of Montreal // Suffer For Fasion
16 | Spoon // You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
15 | Apples in Stereo // Energy
14 | Super Furry Animals // Neoconsumer
13 | Blitzen Trapper // Wild Mountain Nation
12 | Arcade Fire // (Antichrist Television Blues)
11 | Modest Mouse // We've Got Everything
10 | LCD Soundsystem // North American Scum
09 | Super Furry Animals // Gateway Song
08 | Aesop Rock // None Shall Pass
07 | Peter Bjorn And John // Young Folks
06 | Mavis Staples // 99 and 1/2
05 | The Fratelllis // Flathead
04 | Radiohead // Bodysnatchers
03 | Battles // Atlas
02 | Grinderman // Honey Bee (Let's Fly To Mars)
01 | Animal Collective // Peacebone

3 Comments:

Blogger B-Qbd said...

I'd rank "Finer Feelings" and "The Underdog" higher than "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb"...

And I might be inclined to rank "Tonto" higher than "Atlas"...

But what do I know??

7:25 PM  
Blogger James Harris said...

Yeah, you may be right, picking the songs was much harder than picking the albums. What are your favorite albums this year?

Also, since posting this I've heard two great albums that may have otherwise been on the list. They are: Robert Plant & Alison Krause, Raising Sand, and Daft Punk Alive 2007. Check it.

9:40 AM  
Blogger B-Qbd said...

I can't come up with a good list off the top of my head, cuz I can't remember what albums came out this year, and what albums came out earlier, but I didn't hear them until this year.

I'll look into it, but it will likely include Radiohead, Battles, Arcade Fire, and Spoon.
I will say, however, that there are a bunch of albums I haven't heard yet but plan to very soon. Also, I've requested a bunch from Santa, so we'll see what happens. Look for my much-anticipated Top 10 list in the next few weeks. (hold your breath)

May I say, however, that I am NOT feeling Grinderman (makes, and was not very impressed by Peacebone, upon first listen.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home