Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Afternoon Music and Comedy

A few of my recent downloads have been keeping me sane at work today and are now available on the FTP site. Here's some info:

_____________________________________
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

So many bands put out a great first album and then slowly sputter out as the years pass. Spoon is not one of those bands. Each album has gotten progressively better. The latest, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, is also their best. Get ready to stomp your feet.

Stand out tracks:
You Got Yr Cherry Bomb
The Underdog
My Little Japanese Cigarette Case

_____________________________________
Patton Oswalt - Werewolves & Lollipops

Live comedy from Austin, Texas that will have you rolling. Oswalt on the President: "At this point Bush and Cheney have turned into the Dukes of Hazzard. Like every week the get themselves in these crazy prediciments. 'Ain't no way the Duke boys are gettin' outta that one!' And then they fucking jump the General Lee over the Bill of Rights! It's fucking insane!!"

Stand out tracks:
America Has Spoken
The Dukes of Hazzard
Cirque Du Soleil

_____________________________________
Interpol - Our Love to Admire

By now you probably already know if you like or dislike Interpol. This record is there "fastest" overall to date, however there are more reflective moments as well. The beginning of the album really gets going and then slows down towards the end nicely.

Stand out tracks:
No I In Threesome
Mammoth
Rest My Chemistry

_____________________________________
Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye
This album, or any Ulrich Schnauss album really, will make you want to buy a nicer pair of headphones. Stunningly beautiful electronic soundscapes that are never boring.

Stand out tracks:
Goodbye
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

_____________________________________
Another thing to check out that's been keeping me sane at work is Radio Lab. Radio Lab is show broadcast by New York City Public Radio (WNYC). Go to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast or go to their website and download an episode (or all of them). You will not be disappointed. Guaranteed. Every time I listen I learn something, I'm entertained, and I'm sad when it ends.

2 Comments:

Blogger iphantom said...

Thanks for the DL. I will make sure and listen to all of it. Was thinking of buying the Interpol anyways. Piece Out Yo.

6:37 PM  
Blogger iphantom said...

Jimmy,

Loven the stuff you posted. The New Interpol album is freaken sweet. Also the first time I listened to Patton Oswald I almost pissed my pants. The Failure pile in a sadness bowl line is classic.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home