Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Music, Volume III

Common // Finding Forever
Kanye West's (the fact that in my description I'm mentioning Kanye before Common speaks volumes for the album) production is top notch in fact sometimes it's a bit over the top and tends to leave Common in the shadows instead of letting him shine. On the other hand without West it's doubtful Common would be making albums. That being said Common's soft but stern flow is as good as ever. Let's hope the duo puts out a third album that's just as good as Forever and B.

Stand out tracks:
The People
Black Maybe
So Far To Go (It's a J Dilla beat not Kanye's)
__________________________________________
Gogol Bordello // Super Taranta!
Eastern Europe's answer to the Pogues. Need I say more?

Stand out tracks:
Ultimate
Supertheory of Supereverything
American Wedding

2 Comments:

Blogger iphantom said...

James,

Thanks for posting all the music. Could you please hold it on the site for a little while? I am in the process of changing jobs and will not have access to a computer for a another week. I will more than likely be posting some stuff after I get my feet on the ground at my next job. Thanks

6:06 PM  
Blogger James Harris said...

Yeah, no problem. I won't delete it until you let me know when you've downloaded it.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home